This Food Fact Sheet is about the role diet has in managing symptoms of osteoporosis. The document has been written by expert dietitains and is designed for use by healthcare professionals with their patients.
NICE approved Joint Pain Advisor is a new model of care to support people with chronic knee, hip or back pain.
Joint Pain Advisor is a safe and cost effective alternative to GP consultations. Involving a series of face-to-face consultations, advisors work collaboratively with people with hip and/or knee osteoarthritis and/or back pain, focusing on supporting self-management. Continue reading
Watch back this hour long webinar for Primary Care professionals for FREE. Presented by Dr Kevin Fernando, GP, this webinar covers:
1) Modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for osteoporosis.
2) QFracture & FRAX for fracture risk assessment and who to refer for DXA.
3) Management of osteoporosis and prevention of fragility fractures using a
case study. Who to treat?
4) The role of calcium & vitamin D in bone health.
5) Multimorbidity, frailty, bisphosphonates and vitamin D.
Gain CPD accreditation by completing theRoyal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and National Osteoporosis Society’s e-learning osteoporosis module. This half-hour e-learning module will test your knowledge of osteoporosis management including:
– identifying high risk patients
– when to initiate treatment
– how often to monitor patients
A comprehensive online resource for primary health care teams as well as webinar training for primary care health professionals. ORPC is the one-stop place to access online information about early diagnosis, treatment and management of osteoporosis as well as resources to use with your patients.
The Introduction, Identification, Investigation, Initiation and Information sections will guide you through developing an understanding of osteoporosis, its diagnosis and management.