Gain CPD accreditation by completing theRoyal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and National Osteoporosis Society’s e-learning osteoporosis module. This half-hour e-learning module will test your knowledge of osteoporosis management including:
– identifying high risk patients
– when to initiate treatment
– how often to monitor patients
- uses a case based approach to discussing the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis and prevention of fragility fractures, incorporating the guidance from NICE, SIGN and NOGG
- highlights ‘at risk’ groups and discusses the FRAX and QFracture risk assessment tools, offering the opportunity to use these for the cases discussed
- tests your knowledge of management options and offers guidance on when to refer to secondary care
- discusses how often to monitor patients with osteoporosis and osteopenia and provides suggestions for resources that clinicians can use with their patients.
The module is CPD accredited by the RCGP.